Wednesday, November 2, 2022
Message from Business Manager William Brown
The dates for the November 2022 Union Meetings are listed below. We encourage you to attend the Union meetings as this is the best way to get first-hand information about topics such as negotiations, healthcare, and up-coming events.
- November 7, STL Meeting
- November 8, BG Meeting
- November 9, CEC Meeting
Please welcome our five new employees from STL, and BG. If you see a new face, please take the time to introduce yourself.
- Chase Cameron, a Part Time Tour Guide at STL.
- Kathryn Fobare, a Part Time Tour Guide at STL.
- Pheobe Zagrobenly, a Part Time Tour Guide at STL.
- Adam Bonci, a temporary Buildings & Grounds Attendant at BG.
- Tim Lehenbauer, an Apprentice Operator at BG.
Eric Drake and Shawn Case have graduated from the apprenticeship program to become Journeyman Lineman at CEC. Congratulations to them on their hard work and dedication to the program.
The union would also like to send a congratulations to the following employees that have reached milestone dates of employment with the company:
- Robert Ratner
- Elizabeth Harris
- Mark Lewis
- Joyce Pindar
- Matthew Richards
- Tim Warren
- Stephen Yung
- Sandra Furnace
- Allan Lashomb
- Justin Palmer
- Scott Sharpe
- Terry Cook
- Jonathan Tarbell
- Jason Premo
- Benjamin Murtagh
- Corey Banks
- Dominick Colucci
- Kelly Skermont
- Richard Suwek
- Noreen Beasock
- Mark Dobransky
- Sean Florczyk
- Charles Gibbs II
- Margaret Lubeck
- Paul Raymond
- Sharon Schultz
- Jay Szczesniak
- Tom Fay
- Greg Griffo
- James Putnam
- Tom Smith
- Dan Bareiss
- Ed Bentley
- Frank Ceneviva
- Eric Drake
- Philip Eanniello
- Rasim Ikeljic
- Nick Labella
- Ray Scanio
The officer election results for 2022 are as follows:
- Business Manager-Delegate to the International Convention- William Brown Jr.
- President- Benjamin Murtagh
- Vice President- Jason Chilton
- Recording Secretary- Millicent Hopper
- Financial Secretary- John Gray III
- Executive Board- Bernard Adams (STL), Terry Cook (STL), Elizabeth Harris (BG), William Smith (CEC), Randy Woodside (STL)
- Chairman/BG: Jason Jochem
- Vice-Chairman/BG- no candidates
- Recorder/BG- Elizabeth Harris
- Chairman/CEC-Michael Scranton
- Recorder/CEC-Edward Bentley
- Alternate Delegate to the International Convention- Benjamin Murtagh
The 2022 Union elections for Vice-Chairman/CEC resulted in a second tie. This tie required us to have a second run-off election for this seat.
The second run-off election ballots for this office were sent out on 10/14/22. Please keep in mind: All ballots must be received in the P.O. Box by the second run-off Election Day, November 9, 2022, at 5:00 P.M. (DST). Counting of ballots will be held at the Union Office (56 Willow Street, Massena, New York) at 5:30 P.M. (DST) on November 9, 2022.
We welcome aboard the new officers and positions and thank all that have served in the past.
We received the Food Drive donation check from the company this week. Donation checks will be sent out for disbursal at the end of the month to local food pantries that support the areas where our members live. This is a great time to remind everyone at the STL location to donate to this very worthy cause if you do not already do so, or to increase your donation amount because as well all know, the cost of food items has only gone up. If you need a form, please call, or email the union office.
Thank you to all who already participate!
Election day is November 8, 2022. The voter registration deadline is October 14, 2022. The early voting period runs from October 29 to November 6, 2022. If you are not already registered, you may do so by clicking on the link below: