Monday, May 15, 2023 (All day)
$1,000.00 IBEW Local 2032 Renewable Scholarship Award 2023
IBEW Local 2032 will award a $1,000.00 scholarship to an active union member’s son or daughter graduating from high school this year and planning to attend college or trade school, contingent on the student enrolling in a Post-Secondary Program (requires certification from college or trade school).
The scholarship will be awarded on Thursday, June 8, 2023.
All qualified applicants must submit the following:
- Copy of his/her transcript records from high school showing grades 9 through the first semester of grade 12 with his/her final average. (7 semester transcript)
- Reference letters from two teachers.
- A short essay explaining why they feel it is important to be a part of organized labor.
- Mother or father’s name and the name of the project where they are employed.
- Acceptance letter from College or Trade School.
Failure to provide all five criteria will result in disqualification.
Please submit the above listed information to be post-marked or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, May 15, 2023, to:
IBEW Local 2032
56 Willow Street
Massena, NY 13662
Attn: Ben Murtagh & JJ Gray
This award may be renewed for up to four years if the awardee meets the following criteria:
- Awardee shall maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Awardee shall provide the Executive Board with an annual school transcript by mail or email on or before June 30th each subsequent year for renewal of award.
*A small bio and picture will be featured in the LU 2032 newsletter and placed on the website. The union office will call or email you for permission in advance.
Ben Murtagh JJ Gray
President Financial Secretary
IBEW Local 2032 IBEW Local 2032